ant-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Hourihane <houriha...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject enhancement for PropertyFile, have a patch
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:12:48 GMT
Hi folks,

I hope I am getting the etiquette right for this; I am
a new body on the list.

The PropertyFile (optional) task allows a script to
alter an existing properties file, but all comments
and layout are lost. This doesn't get a mention in
bugzilla. I have an enhancement which retains layout
and comments when writing a properties file, with
accompanying tests.

I have a patch for the affected files, and there are a
few new files (util class, test class, and test data)
as well.

Do the group want the enhancement? Or more detail from
me? Shall I post the patch and new files? Any feedback
is welcome.

Philip Hourihane