ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Evans" <richard.ev...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: AW: Manual + xdocs etc
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:55:24 GMT
Hi Jan,

You probably want to take me off your e-mail list.  I believe the previous Richard Evans was
in the UK.  However, I am in the US and likely in a different organization all together.

Cheers, - Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:05 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: AW: Manual + xdocs etc

>I am interested, but I need to get myself a new laptop to
>start really working on ant again. My hard disk is nearly dead
>:(, so I did not use my laptop since shortly after the Ant
>1.6.5 release.

Good luck :-)

>I think we should reorder the existing docs along the
>structure which I think Erik Hatcher had conceived and which
>is incarned by the @ant.category tags in the source code (scm,
>packaging, ...).

A "complete" list of these tags would be helpful ...

>I am still interested by the idea of deriving the docs from
>the source code.
>Knowing that there would be about 50% to 60% of the doc (and
>some of the most interesting parts) which will remain outside
>of the source code.
>
>For instance the examples about each task,

Maybe in the test-buildfile.
+ ensure that the example is really runnable
+ additional test case :-)
- no possibility for "colorizing" important parts
You could search for special named targets or for special comments.

<target name="manual.echo.example1>
    <!-- ant.text: A message which only appears in <tt>-debug</tt> mode.
-->
    <echo message="Deleting drive C:" level="debug"/>
</target>

>and transversal subjects like "developing with Ant" or "installing Ant"

ok

Jan