ant-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Peshansky <ig...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XJ - xml extension for Java
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:31:48 GMT
Alexey Solofnenko wrote on 07/04/2005 11:49:38 AM:

> On JavaOne SUN presented something similar for Java 7. The syntax is not

> finilized yet - there are problems - <> characters are used in Java
> generics. They thinking about using # character, but it does not look
good.
> IBM's compiler does not support generics - it is 1.4 only.
>
> - Alexey.

A small clarification here: we do support a limited form of generics, for
compiler-generated collections of XML objects.  Both our generics and the
inline XML construction syntax use the <> characters, with no annoying
conflicts so far.  It would be interesting to see whether this will still
be true with the full Java 5 syntax.
        Igor
--
Igor Peshansky  (note the spelling change!)
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center