ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: XJ - xml extension for Java
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:54:54 GMT
Castor will marshall to xml file or unmarshall from xml based on descriptor
or reflection
check out http://www.castor.org/xml-framework.html
I knew of a guy named Igor Pechanski that worked on the Cygwin project that
went to NYU any relation ???
Martin-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Igor Peshansky" <igorp@us.ibm.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: XJ - xml extension for Java

Steve Loughran wrote on 07/04/2005 07:56:31 AM:

> Kev Jackson wrote:
> > Thought you may find this of interest.  IBM have a new way of
processing
> > XML docs within Java.
> >
> > http://www.research.ibm.com/xj/samples/sample2.html
> >
> > Very cool page showing how this all works (cool in firefox anyway).

Thanks. :-)

> > I like the way you can construct objects from inlined xml
> >
> > target t = new target(<target name="echo">
> > <echo message="hello world" />
> > </target>);
> >
> > will create a new object of type target, also you can use it
dynamically:

> > String msg = "hello again";
> > target t = new target(<target name="echo">
> > <echo message={msg} />
> > </target>);
> >
> > Support for generics, autoboxing and XPath queries.

Just to clarify (quoting the manual): "limited support for generics".  We
only support them for compiler-generated collections of XML classes.

> > Looks intersting anyway
>
> I have been in email discourse with them, on the subject of successor
> soap stacks to JAXRPC.
>
> I think it is interesting, and Xpath is profound once you apply to
> object trees. The next version will apparently work in ant, so you can
> compile xj stuff from your build...
>
> -steve

You might be interested to know that a new release (1.0.1) of XJ is out,
and
it now contains an <xjc> Ant task.  Enjoy.

Igor Peshansky (for the XJ team)
--
Igor Peshansky  (note the spelling change!)
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center