ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to contrinbute new tasks
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:18:35 GMT
after the process mail, now one on the contents.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Andrew Liles <al@starfishzone.com> wrote:

> Alternatively I could offer the tasks as an External Tool, this
> route would affect namespace choice etc, but I would prefer the
> former.

Why?

> My tasks are: 1. CvsExportDiff - extracts files altered betwen two
> tags/dates from CVS ready for zip/etc as a patch set.

[...]

> I guess that either no-one felt this task useful or I submitted this
> in the wrong way (and hence the purpose of this question email).

You did not submit it the wrong way, but if you want discussions to
happen, use email instead of a webpage.

> 2. SqlSync - a task to replicate data (one-way) between two JDBC
> compliant databases.

Both look interesting on their own right, but neither of both has a
reason to be a part of Ant instead of something external IMHO.

Stefan