ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java Development with Ant
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:42:40 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

> Needless to say, the working practices are similar to what I'd expect
> in the 80's (SourceSafe as version control, everyone locks files,
> Waterfall as the process, massive investment in design up front,
> testing is done by teams of bored people etc etc).

They are at the leading edge then... I have been interviewing candidates
for a developer position not later than yesterday and it left me with a
bitter test about software process and tools used within a team
working...no source control within a team of 15 people (10 dev), etc...
all that within the biggest isps and telco in the country. Frankly that
scares me to death.

Oh, and when I want to add a tester to a development team some customers
tell me, this this is not possible because it will make the cost too
high and they are assuming that what developers do is free of defects as
they tested it themselves, otherwise that means we don't have good
enough people...mm..well.