ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: XJ - xml extension for Java
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:12:55 GMT
Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:

> We can think whether generics and annotations are good or bad, but
> they are now a part of our lives. There is nothing we can do.
>
> - Alexey.

not unless they delete the 1.4 capabilities!  "Out of my cold dead
hands".. ;)

Anyway, well said, we sort of have to adapt to them (especially within
the context of ant development).  There was a discussion previously
about compatibility of ant with jdk1.2+ (ie remove all the pre-1.2
stuff), I suppose we should also consider when to start the transition
to 1.4+ features (I've noticed commented out code using generics in the
code base).

I guess Stefan will want to wait until kaffe, gjc etc support 1.5
properly before we move anything.

Just some thoughts

Kev