ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: XJ - xml extension for Java
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:31:24 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:
>> Since you are i hibernate user that may be one of the major reasons
>> for you to switch  (i know i will, eventually) to use the annotations
>> and EJB3 hibernate stuff.
> I actually find Hibernate* to not be as good as advertised, but then I
> don't think the EJB3 stuff adds anything (indeed I feel it ties you into
> vendors).
>> Personally, i'm waiting for the majority of my toolset to catch up,
>> probably will switch during the summer.
> I have the Java5 sdk, but i code to 1.4 conventions and I use Jikes, I
> don't miss the new features, so I don't feel left out or anything :)

I've been doing stuff on an off with it.

1. generics is wierd. It makes collections, well, different. There is a
lot of complexity there.

2. I do like the new iterator. OK. IDEs make typing out interator code
trivial, but this keeps everything cleaner. I just wish they had taken
an Iterator<T> as a parameter instead of Iterable<T>.

3. not used annotations yet. Not even @override.

Overall I am unsure which features are really compelling.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message