ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Wood" <kenneth.w...@e2open.com>
Subject RE: How to contrinbute new tasks
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:32:34 GMT
"Actually there is none" - isn't that somewhat of an overstatement,
give all the info on http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html??

That page says, among other things:

"Contribute Code or Documentation Patches

"In this role, you participate in the actual development of the code. If
this is the type of role you'd like to play, here are some steps (in
addition to the ones above) to get you started:

  Read Guidelines
  Review Reference Library
  Download the Source Code
  Access CVS Repository
  Contribute Patches "

And, the "Read Guidelines" section is step by step how the process
works...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:16 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to contrinbute new tasks

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Andrew Liles <al@starfishzone.com> wrote:

> I would like to offer my time to contribute a couple of tasks to Ant.

> Please could you direct to me some documentation on the process?

Actually there is none.

You describe what your tasks do and why you think they should be part of
Ant - as opposed to being a project of its own.  An alternative is to
place them in an Ant library in the new antlibs subproject of Ant.

Basically you'll have to convince Ant's committers that your tasks are
needed.  We are already dealing with a bunch of tasks that have been
abandoned by the initial contributors and can't get fully supported by
the committers.  So be warned, there is a big reluctance against adding
new tasks.

Stefan