ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Lazarou <jeanlaza...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: javac
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:53:28 GMT
Do you think we can pick up any splitting for the subsystem to compile?

How can you be sure, when you're not developer of the project, that some sub-tree won't imply
that, due to compilation dependencies, again too much files to compile at once?
Even the approach I wrote is not full reliable...

Any way, creating a new task that derives from the ant Javac task implemention was pretty
easy to do.

I thank you for you advice.

Jean

Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
Phil is right Jean. Independently of splitting the code in subsystems, which
is always a good idea, even if you can't do that you can split the compile
of a single source tree into several passes using regular . This can
even enforce dependencies of the code compiled by the different passes. The
trick is to reset the sourcepath that normally sets.

I include here an example for reference. Hope this helps. --DD

       Compile the java code from src/ into build/classes
    -->

         when not forking , and instead specify directly the
         JVM argument only when forking... Convoluted, but works!  -->

destdir="@{destdir}" sourcepath=""
deprecation="${deprecation}" debug="true" verbose="false"
includeAntRuntime="false" fork="@{fork}">
 -->