ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Liles">
Subject Re: How to contrinbute new tasks
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:43:56 GMT
On Wed, July 20, 2005 3:15 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Andrew Liles <> wrote:
>> I would like to offer my time to contribute a couple of tasks to
>> Ant.  Please could you direct to me some documentation on the
>> process?
> Actually there is none.
> You describe what your tasks do and why you think they should be part
> of Ant - as opposed to being a project of its own.  An alternative is to
> place them in an Ant library in the new antlibs subproject of Ant.
> Basically you'll have to convince Ant's committers that your tasks are
> needed.  We are already dealing with a bunch of tasks that have been
> abandoned by the initial contributors and can't get fully supported by the
> committers.  So be warned, there is a big reluctance against adding new
> tasks.

Ok, I understand you need to limit the dependencies on the main Ant

So my questions is now : how do I contrinbute to Antlibs?
Does it have a way to allow other developers to take over the src and
contribute improvements?

I am ok about hosting the task externally myself (does prevent others from
contributing their time/changes though); in this case, how do I get the
task listed on

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message