ant-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Weighill Smith <phil.weighill-sm...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: javac
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:02:17 GMT
Why not simply put two calls to javac in your build script and split the
source tree in two in the same way that you have in your new task,
passing one tree to the first call and the other to the second?

Clearly you need to ensure that the first call compiles "pre-requisite"
code for the second call and that you should avoid cyclic references
between the two sets of classes.

Phil :n.

PS: I would consider re-structuring the application into "subsystems"
with separate source trees and separate build scripts per subsystem.
Dependencies between subsystems only on the class files (not the source
files). This is the approach we have taken to great effect.

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 00:12 -0700, Jean Lazarou wrote:
> We had problem with a (legacy) build from scratch, seems that, because we have too many
java files to compile, nothing is compiled (both on Linux and Windows2000).

> After spending 4 days on that, I decided to split the compilation, I created a new task,
name "bydir-javac". The task is derived from Javac.