ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniels, Doug" <Doug.Dani...@gdc4s.com>
Subject RE: Google Summer code
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:52:23 GMT
I've also applied for the Ant XDocs project, and I've got some info on the Google Summer of
code.

Check out the FAQ (http://code.google.com/summfaq.html#when_will_i_hear_if_my_ap) for questions
about when you'll hear back to know if you've been accepted, I believe the application deadline
was June 14 PST, and then they'll let you know no later than June 24 if you've been accepted.

As for the Ant XDocs project in particular it is listed on the Apache summer of code projects
site as available (http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005). I assume someone from
Apache or possibly from the (ANT project?) will choose a candidate. I'm hoping we can get
a mentor for this project.

Also I know that a Google representative has said that about 200 projects will be accepted
distributed amongst the organizations who can best provide mentors I suppose (mostly google
and apache I'd guess) and as of right now about 264 applicants have applied to Apache Software
Foundation projects out of a total of 2795 applications (according to http://groups-beta.google.com/group/summer-discuss/browse_thread/thread/3dd1530017e59189).

Doug Daniels