ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniels, Doug" <Doug.Dani...@gdc4s.com>
Subject RE: Google Summer of Code, Apache ANT project ideas?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:46:20 GMT
Erik,

Sounds great, maybe you can submit it on the Apache SoC proposal page(http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005),
and I'll submit my application to google with Apache as my selected organization.

I guess I'd propose it something like:
The Apache Ant project needs a way to auto-generate task/type documentation. The proposed
solution would use Velocity and xdocs to create a standard way to document the old and new
Ant tasks to keep the documentation up to date and easily updatable in the future automatically.

By the way I have your book and it was a great help with what I've been working on at my job.
I was thinking of writing up an Ant tutorial describing an interesting build system we came
up with utilizing Ant's import task to create a common build hierarchy infrastructure, that
can be extended to new products very easily. It really helps when we have to add a new product
in and all we do is define some properties and throw a build.xml stub in and it is then included
into our software package.

Doug Daniels