ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniels, Doug" <Doug.Dani...@gdc4s.com>
Subject Google Summer of Code, Apache ANT project ideas?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:41:55 GMT
Hi, I'm a student at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and I've been using ANT extensively
for school projects, as well as a fairly large project at work. I love using ANT, it's a very
elegant tool, and I've always been interested in helping develop Ant on my free time, but
I've never been able to get motivated enough. Now Google is running a "Summer of Code" program
for students (http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html).

Basically the student accepts a proposed project from a participating open source sponsor
(IE: Apache), then they pick a mentor from that organization and works on that project for
the summer. Apache is taking project ideas from Apache members for the summer of code (http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005),
so I didn't know if any ANT developers had any interesting bugs, feature requests, etc. that
would be a good 1 or 2 month development task. I'm really interested in the ANT project, and
the closest project proposal I've seen so far is a MSBuild implementation for the Mono project,
which looks very interesting and I might apply for that, I was even thinking of writing some
kind of converter from MSBuild format to an ANT build format then use ANT to build it.

You can look at my resume to see any relevant experience that might be important for a proposed
project:
http://ddaniels.50webs.com/DougDanielsJrResume2005-06-02.doc

Doug Daniels