ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Tsup <melli...@gmail.com>
Subject type not supported by task?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:11:06 GMT
Hello,

I am developing an ant task extension but face problems to have it
running from the buildfile. I get an error stating that a certain
custom type of mine is not supported by my task.

I think I know where the problem might come from:
I have implemented multiple types that I have defined as extension of
a base abstract class (that implements an interface) and in my Task
extension I have defined an addConfigured(BaseTypeClass o) and do the
casting in the method implementation.
Could this be the source of the problem?
Should I rather for each type subclass implement a
addConfigured(TypeSubclass o)?

...or do you think the the problem somewhere else?

My next step will be to test this, but as this might be a time
consuming typing job, I thought I could count on your previous
experiences.

Many thanks for your contributions.

Eric Tchepannou