ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to add customized classes to ant, customize report generated by junitreport
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:36:06 GMT
suganya subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. How do I add another class file to the ant bundle, so that it can be
> deployed as a single
> bundle along with the jar files of ant?

you dont, you create a new JAR which can go on the classpath of Ant,
containing your new tasks, then people use <taskdef>, <typedef> or
antlib to load your tasks and types.

in theory you could just stick your stuff into ants src/java tree and
have it built in-situ, but you then end up being responsible for the
release of ant you have just made, you may not get IDE integration, etc,
etc,.

> 2. I have modified the XMLJunitResultFormatter to generate certain extra
> information on the
> xml file. How do I propagate these changes to the report generated by
> junitreport tag?
> Which are the class files that I will have to modify for the changes to
> come into effect?

not a class file, an XSLT transfrom. Its somewhere in the source, but
you dont even need to modify the jar, just use the styledir attribute of
<junitreport> to point to a directory containing the new style sheets.