ant-dev mailing list archives

From Viacheslav Garmash <>
Subject need to add remoteVerificationEnabled attribute to FTP task
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:43:34 GMT
Hello all!

Some days ago I decided to use FTP Ant task for automatize some
deployment tasks. In local network all works fine but when I tried to
deloy to remote server (outside our firewall) I have caught an IOException:

"Host attempting data connection is not same as server"

where is IP of our firewall and IP of
remote server. Setproxy didn't help at all...

In Google Groups I have found solution for our problem:
To apply this solution I have to setRemoteVerificationEnabled(false).
But this property still not changeble from Ant and what is more this
problem exists in Ant some years (look here: -
the same problem without solution from 2002 year). But this is rare
problem: only 5 questions in Google:
That's why no solution till now.

So. To resolve this problem I have add remoteVerificationEnabled
attribute to FTP task (see attached diff file). And now ftp works
perfectly behind firewall. I think this attribute will be very useful
for everybody. Please, add this attribute to next version of Ant.

Best Regards,

Viacheslav Garmash
Team Leader
Exadel Inc.