ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: google summer code: ant-xdocs and another idea about ANT
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:51:07 GMT
xiaofeng xia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a first year Ph.D student majoring in Computational Math at Emory
> University.
> I want to participate the Summer of Google Code. I am especially
> interested in the project "ant-xdocs" on
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005 .
> Can you let me know who is going to mentor this project?
>
> Should I submit the proposal via Google Code or send the proposal for
> review firstly? Who should I contact?
>
> I also have an idea to develop an ANT task "diff" if it can be
> considered as a google project.
> You see, when people use ANT to do functional tests, "diff" is a
> necessary tool to generate test results.
> The function of this "diff" will be as the same as the "diff" command on Unix.
> Since no "diff" command on Windows, it could be useful to develop a
> similar but pure Java "diff" as an ANT task.
>
> BTW, I was a software engineer in Oracle R&D center of China. I
> developed some ANT tasks to meet our special needs. The "diff" idea
> came from my work experiences.
>
> Could any of you reply this email? I would appreciated that.

Hello.

I think proposals go through google, though we need to find out more on
that.

Regarding a diff task, there is a good java diff gui app built into jedit,
http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?JDiffPlugin
this could be the core of a simple text diff tool, though its license
may be incompatible with Ant's own.

-steve