ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Updates to the Maven Artifact Ant tasks
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:11:25 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
> This is primarily for Steve and Nicola Ken as I'm not sure if/how
> closely they follow the Maven lists.

> - full support for external configuration (proxies, authentication
> info, repository mirrors, local repository location). The search order
> is ~/.ant/settings.xml, then ~/.m2/settings.xml

ok. one more feature, and its for maven in general, rather than just ant

If the user lists a proxy server, and an nslookup of that hostname
fails, try to connect without using the proxy. This is a simple way to
adapt to a roaming where there is a proxy, but only sometimes.

\cite{the secret life of notebooks}

my laptop actually runs something that changes IE's proxy settings based
on inferred location; ip address,  hostname and WLAN name being the
primary cues. But changing IE doesnt do anything for the rest of the
system. I dont want to have to switch settings.xml files all the time
just to get building work as I roam, not when the tools can make a
reasonable guess (or, with Java1.5's isReachable()), a very informed

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message