ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: google summer code: ant-xdocs and another idea about ANT
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:10:54 GMT

On Jun 9, 2005, at 4:36 PM, xiaofeng xia wrote:
> I am a first year Ph.D student majoring in Computational Math at Emory
> University.
> I want to participate the Summer of Google Code. I am especially
> interested in the project "ant-xdocs" on
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005 .
> Can you let me know who is going to mentor this project?

I'm way too swamped to devote much time to it, but it is a project I
care for.

Perhaps another committer has the time to assist with it?

> Should I submit the proposal via Google Code or send the proposal for
> review firstly? Who should I contact?

I think you're in the right place, though following what Google's
process is the right way to go.  I've been too swamped to read the
details of how it works.

> You see, when people use ANT to do functional tests, "diff" is a
> necessary tool to generate test results.
> The function of this "diff" will be as the same as the "diff"
> command on Unix.
> Since no "diff" command on Windows, it could be useful to develop a
> similar but pure Java "diff" as an ANT task.

There are already pure Java implementations of diff available.
Wrapping it as an Ant task would be pretty trivial.

I don't think this diff idea is something of interest for the Google
SoC.

What ideas do you have that relate to the ant-xdocs proposal?

     Erik