ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PGP tasks (was Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases=
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 14:11:25 GMT
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't really care where the tasks get created as long as they are
>> under a useful license and all interested people can work on them.
>
> Likewise.
>
> I'd suggest inside Wagon if they were only going to be used via the
> artifact antlib.

No, I think a standalone antlib with <pgp:sign/> is well worth the
effort.

> If it needs to be an independant component only utilising bouncy
> castle/other pgp provider, is it feasible for an antlib to be
> composed of two separate parts: the tasks that depend on Ant and a
> standalone library that the antlib uses which provides the actual
> functionality?

Ansolutely.  The standalone library sounds like the best way to go, it
wouldn't need any dependency on Ant or Wagon.

> Once we sort out the best place to work, we can take the discussion
> to that list (or bring other interested people here if this is it).

Maybe jakarta-commons as some "neutral ground"?  The library itself
could be useful beyond Ant and Maven.

Stefan