ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 14:05:11 GMT
On Wed, 4 May 2005, Antoine Levy-Lambert <> wrote:

> I have one or two other ideas to make the release faster :

I've added a bit to the main_distribution target that you may want to
take into account when you make your modifications.

(1) add SHA1 checksums in addition to the MD5 ones.  At least my
    oldish Linux box has an sha1sum tool that seems to come from the
    same sources as md5sum.  We'd need to investigate options for
    other OSes and update the download pages.

(2) it now creates java-repository/ant/jars with the jars that make up
    the binary distribution, and builds checksums of them.  This
    should be copied to which again is the
    rsync master for the ASF pieces in the Maven and Maven2 repos.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message