ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie Development Process Question
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 19:47:40 GMT
On Thu, 12 May 2005, glenn h. brown <glenn.h.brown@jpmorgan.com>
wrote:

> My question is - since I have proposed a fix should the bug stay in
> "new" status or should I put it into "fixed" status?

Please leave it at new.  fixed is reserved for the point in time where
the patch - or some other kind of fix - has made it into CVS or SVN.

> If i should change the status, should I reassign it to someone?

Please don't.  If you assign a bug to me you can be sure I'll hate it
and delay looking into the bug.  At the minimum I'd immediately assing
it back to the dev list.  Others may feel the same so better don't
assign bugs to anybody unless the person in question volunteered for
it.

Stefan