ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mapping in zipfileset
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 14:05:14 GMT
On Mon, 16 May 2005, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> With <copypath> you can do it via an intermediate
> directory. Question is, should we make it easier?

Will be easier with ResourceCollections.  Path will be a
ResourceCollection and <copy> can directly work on a path then.  At
least that's been my understanding of it.

> -allow a path as a param for zip/jar/war/ear, with all the
> zipfileset options

Maybe we'll add a ResourceCollection alternative to <zipfileset>?

<mappedresources>
  <resources ... (some data-type implementing ResourceCollection)/>
  <mapper .../>
</mappedresources>

> -allow you to specify a <mapper> for all zipfilesets.

We should make it even more generic IMHO.  Provide it as a data-type
for <tar> or <ftp> as well.

Stefan