ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.6.3 breakage of cpptasks
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 07:26:31 GMT
On Mon, 9 May 2005, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> I have had two reports in log4cxx of compile failures that seem to
> be caused by changes in Ant 1.6.3,
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4cxx-user&m=111522597306665&w=2

Bug in DirectoryScanner that I'll look into.

> and
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4cxx-user&m=111565145332704&w=2.

See <http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#delegating-classloader-1.6> the
paragraph starting with "The wrapper skript".  This setup doesn't work
in any 1.6.x version.  Don't place tasks on the CLASSPATH, use -lib
instead.

> Any theories why this was not caught by Gump?

The first one, because line 873 in DirectoryScanner.java says

                if ((myfile == null || !myfile.exists()) && !isCaseSensitive()) {

and Gump currently only runs on Linux, which is case sensitive.  So
this branch is never reached.

The second one since Gump is the worst testbed you can imagine for
classloader tests.  In order to make things work, Gump enforces a
totally different classloader setup than "normal operations".

Stefan