ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject PGP tasks (was Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases=
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 14:26:22 GMT
On Wed, 04 May 2005, Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>how would you do that?  I've been toying with the idea of a pure
>>Java pgp task using bouncycastle's OpenPGP library, but haven't
>>coded anything so far.  Has anybody used it so far?
>>

> I'm using it as a component for a PKI (EJBCA) for customers.

Interested in lending a hand if I start to dump code into a sandbox
antlib?

> Works fine but I did not use the pgp part.

I've just downloaded the source package of the openpgp library and
org.bouncycastle.openpgp.examples.DetachedSignatureProcessor has all
the code needed for signing and verifying signatures.  Doesn't look
too hard to steal.

All Bouncycastle[1] stuff is MIT licensed, so fully Apache Software
License compatible - and all the crypto stuff would be done by the
library so our tasks wouldn't need to consider silly crypto laws
either.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.bouncycastle.org/