ant-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks ftp.html
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 08:53:35 GMT

A "back-off" procedure usually refers to the procedure of allowing other
  participants also to have a "word" in whatever ongoing activity. In
this case, SteveL probably meant that very same "have a delay before
retry" idea that you also had.

As for tight loop that eats up all the resources - well, this loop
contains network activity that is slow. So I don't see it as a very
tight loop. And in my case it usually just fails once or twice. So if I
set it to 10 retries or endless loop doesn't really make a difference in
practice. And if it is just 1-2 retries, there is not much of a loop to
talk about.

Rgds,
Neeme