ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Can Ant know ANT_HOME?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 17:57:02 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote re. ${ant.home}:
> Keep in mind that it is our wrapper script that sets the property.
> If you launch ant any other way (IDE, script of your own, embedded),
> there is no guarantee that it will be defined.

As an example, the NetBeans IDE does define it as of version 3.6
(previously it did not). But other environments could well choose not to
use the distribution layout at all. Since I have noticed that a common
use for it is to find ant.jar (e.g. to compile new tasks, without making
assumptions about the JVM startup classpath), I filed RFE #21856. But
that would not help in Steve Cohen's case.

-J.

--
jesse.glick@sun.com   x22801   netbeans.org   ant.apache.org
if I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself