ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [offtopic] jspc?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 11:27:40 GMT
It depends on how large your application is, the typical workflow, etc.

If you consider the WebSphere Admin Console (which is large, but not the
largest I've ever seen), we precompile the JSPs to ensure that the first
admin user to log in is saved the minor time delay that you get from JSP
compilation. Catching errors is also useful.

All that said, we use our own JSP compiler instead of the one provided by
Ant.

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)