ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: [patch] FTP.java - adding support for new features in commons-net 1.4.0 and performance improvement
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 14:04:37 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Wed, 11 May 2005, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> <jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe people would be less scare about it if we provide a
> task that is
> > able to produce a ready to go plugin JAR containing all the pieces
> > necessary for your antlib to work using an
> "antlib:<package>" URL. Do
> > we have such a thing already, if nor it should be quite easy to do.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  A task that creates antlib.xml
> and puts it into the proper place inside the jar?  I'm having
> a hard time to come up with a syntax for the task (you still
> have to tell it which taskname maps to which task) that
> doesn't look like antlib.xml.

Think of something like:

 <antjar jar="${jarname}" anturl="foo.bar">
   <code dir="...." includes="**/*.class"/>
   <antlib>
     <task name="boo" classname="foo.bar.zzz.Boo"/>
     <scriptdef name="....">...</scripdef>
   <antlib>
 </antjar>

This creates a JAR with the antlib.xml in foo/bar/antlib.xml
which contains the antlib content as specified there.

You do not need to have many files is just one target you maintain and
everything should
be build.

What do you guys think.

Jose Alberto