ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Providing input with <exec> to CVS login
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 20:35:29 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
> Jesse did some stuff to make input work from forked
> Java processes IIRC.
>
> Not that I have any idea about this problem, really,
> but what CVS client are you using on Windows?

I use both cvs 1.11.19 and CVS NT 2.0.58d on Windows,
and various 1.11.x versions on Linux. But it appears
that Ant (or the Java VM) behaves differently when
<exec>ing a process on win32 and linux. On Linux, the
forked process can apparently do input/output on its
own for some reason... I'm using JDK 1.5.0_01. --DD