ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant DemuxOutputStream.java
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 18:41:00 GMT
> From: Alexey Solofnenko [mailto:trelony@gmail.com]
>
> I think it is an issue with big screens - 80 characters take about
half of
> my monitor, so at work everybody is using 105 character limit.
>
> On 5/2/05, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> > I know I'm nitpicking here, and I apologize for it, but aren't you
> > creating lines over 80 chars with this reformatting Steve? I picked
just
> > one example here. Is this an IDE configuration issue? --DD

Hmmm, looks like Ant's checkstyle config uses 100 chars for the line
length. I vaguely remember this coming up a while back. I personally
like to have 2 files side by side on my screen, and going beyond 80
chars makes the lines wrap in this case. I personally just don't view a
commit changing Javadoc written to the 80 char per line standard changed
to longer line an improvement. I'm not using an IDE that hides Javadocs
by default though, so maybe I'm alone on this... --DD