ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: Environment and PropertySet
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 14:43:52 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig []
> On Mon, 9 May 2005, Matt Benson <> wrote:
> > Variable can accept a nested PropertySet OR have its
> > key & value attributes set as usual
> >
> > I wonder about the feeling of the dev community on such a
> > change... ?
> Works for me, although we better use a different name than propertyset
> in the user-visible part.  <variableset>?  I've never been good at
> names, but using "property" in the context of environment variables
> feels wrong.

I also think this is a good idea (I was always too lazy to do it.)

As far as names are concerned, I'd go with the same name already used by

With <syspropertyset> and <envset>, both using a mapper with a prefix,
you can then easily configure the runtime environment of <junit> for
example, without changing the build script, by defining properties
(easily done in a user-specific way) like runtime-env.SOME_ENV_VAR and
and delete all copies of this message.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message