ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <libraries> and m2 <artifact :>
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 23:16:44 GMT
> Example: fetching commons-logging 1.04

Hi Steve,

I'm going to work through the issues you filed here. We have planned
for the next release some filtering. Ideally, it shouldn't be needed,
but some projects will always build one bundle for you and let you
guess which bits need which dependencies, so the user needs full
control. There are definitely problems with some of the metadata -
particularly in commons, and unfortunately I didn't get a whole lot of
interest from commons developers at the time, so I'm fixing things
myself.

Aside from that, for commons-logging, I think you actually want
commons-logging-api which has no dependencies, right?

Cheers,
Brett