ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <libraries> and m2 <artifact :>
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 16:26:04 GMT

> I can see that. I can see that downloading jaxen fails because it wants
> to get dom4j, which lacks a pom
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/dom4j/dom4j/1.5.2/

Ok, I'll find out why it wasn't parsing. We are trying to chase down
the bad data in there rather than invalidating it. If something doen't
specify a pom at all, then one will be created for it.

You mentioned omitting artifactID and having it be equal to groupID -
I'm not certain that shorthand is a good idea as we try to encourage
richer group names going forward. Stiil, it is convenient so might be
worthwhile with a warning.

> How do I (a) turn of transitiveness,

This is not possible in the current version. Has been requested
before... added to the list.

> and (b) find the documentation of
> the task.

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/ant-tasks.html

I suppose you are looking for something more reference like which
isn't there at present.

You are right in that we don't have tests for the tasks themselves
either. There is some for the underlying artifact code, though I'm not
particularly happy with the coverage and will endeavour to improve
that before adding the next round of features.

The code for the tasks is at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-artifact-ant

If you want to gather a list of things like above I can take a sweep
at it tomorrow. For now, bed :)

Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,
Brett