ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PGP tasks (was Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases=
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 15:59:17 GMT
> > [2] - http://www.cryptix.org/ OpenPGP
>
> looks like a PGP provider abstraction could be useful indeed.  License
> is compatible (BSDish) and people may like to have a choice.

(I've been tossing this around for a while myself).

Are the PGP functions exposed through JCE at all? I realise that is
1.4+ (1.3 + ext), but it's probably a convenient way to easily plug in
new ones. Bouncycastle at least exposes their block cipher.

I preferred bouncycastle over cryptix myself, but YMMV. Being written
by some Australians helps ;) From a more practical standpoint, I found
the source code cleaner and easier to read which was helpful in what I
was trying to do with it. Never had any problems with it.

Cheers,
Brett