ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks ftp.html
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 20:29:59 GMT
scohen@apache.org wrote:
> scohen      2005/05/29 17:40:21
>
>   Modified:    src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net
>                         FTPTest.java
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net FTP.java
>                src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional/net ftp.xml
>                docs/manual/OptionalTasks ftp.html
>   Added:       src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util Retryable.java
>                         RetryHandler.java
>   Log:
>   Based on a patch submitted by Neeme Praks, allow support for a retry count on FTP transfers.
 Some
>   servers are unreliable for unknown - this allows for a retry count to be specified
to accomodate work on such
>   flaky servers.

nice. Are you doing any kind of back-off algorithm to deal with load
problems? If so, add a bit of jitter to increase the randomness. (I
remember an embedded system without back-off but not jitter failing to
deal with the situation of an entire building with 120+ nodes having its
power toggled...)

-steve