ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject [offtopic] jspc?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 08:07:35 GMT
Quick question

I'm working on a rather boring web app with Spring/Hibernate etc (insert
current fad in Java Web Frameworks here).  And I was just browsing
around and saw jspc, and I remembered that there was an ant task..

Is there any benefit at all from running jspc before building the war?

I'm coming down on the side of useless except for catching JSP errors
before deployment, but is that even the case?

Also I'm fairly certain that there was a comment recently about the jspc
being not exactly great (broken across different java versions IIRC)

Any experiences worth relating?

One interesting note is that I've discovered that jikes + Java5 runtime
produces code that runs fine on WebLogic 8.1 (jrockit 1.4), but javac +
Java5 runtime produces code that breaks inexplicably on the same
jrockit.  Note I'm not using any new Java5 features, so the compiler
doesn't have to be Java5 aware

Kev