ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks ftp.html
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 23:17:20 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> Martin Gainty wrote:
>
>> Not to mention &gt and other escaped characters
>

> No,
> Dominique was correctly compaining about the needless escaping of the
> quote characters
>
> Peter
>
>> Can the Ant mail server either parse the html escaped characters and
>> insert the correct character representation -OR-
>> Reject the transmission altogether?
>> Vielen Danke,
>> Martin-
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dominique Devienne"
>> <ddevienne@gmail.com>

To be honest, I never thought about it.  The previous version of the
page used them and I just assumed they were required, and followed the
pattern with my new examples.  I didn't even assume, actually, I just
followed the pattern unthinkingly.

But you're quite right.  The &quot; are not necessary.  The &lt; and
&gt;, however, are.  The source file is an html page.

We aren't seriously suggesting formatting these emails, are we?  To me,
that makes no sense at all.  This is a cvs-generated diff.  Modifying it
would be incorrect, making the diff unusable as a patch, which is, I
guess, why these emails include them.

I will, however, remove the unnecessary &quot; marks.