ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PGP tasks (was Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases=
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 12:01:14 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Are the PGP functions exposed through JCE at all?
>

> Honestly I don't know.  I haven't played with JCE too much, so I have
> no real grasp of it.  My guess is that things like armor-armed
> detached signatures (the main use case for Ant tasks or
> download-validation IMHO, encrypt/decrypt doesn't sound like something
> that goes into your build) are far easier to get if you use a
> PGP-aware API directly.

There is a lot of stuff that bouncycastle does outside JCE, like create
SSL certificates.

One thing bouncycastle can't do with JCE is build it with Gump, as the
JCE runtime only works with builds that are signed by someone it trusts.
If you bypass JCE, you can run with builds you do yourself, or which
gump does (if we persuade the BC folk to join gump for the non-JCE bits)