ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks echoxml.html
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:16:48 GMT
--- "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
wrote:
> Do you mean, that the current <echo> task cannot be
> made to accept
> XMLFragment?

It could, but for easiest coding, the XMLFragment
would then be represented by a discrete nested
element:

<echo file="foo.xml">
  <xml>
    <foo blah="bar">
      <foochild />
      <foochild />
      <foochild />
    </foo>
  </xml>
</echo>

Alternatively, <echo> could itself be made to
implement DynamicElement/NS and would basically need
to clone code from XMLFragment.  Either way you would
probably need to enforce mutual exclusion of (nested
text/message attribute) or nested XML.  So no, I don't
suppose there is any reason you couldn't do it this
way.

-Matt