ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: copy + ResourceCollections
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 21:03:00 GMT
--- "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
wrote:
> Can it be - copy+delete in that case?

Okay... here's what I did for preserving timestamps in
FileUtils copy methods.  I added a Touchable interface
to the resources package.  FileResource is (so far)
the only Resource that uses it, but I was thinking
along the lines of FTP/SCP Resources when I added it.
So by that token, you would similarly add a Deletable
(?) interface for FileResource to implement.  So then
move could fail when encountering a Resource that does
not implement Deletable... that is the only sensible
way that occurs to me to support Resource deletion.

-Matt