ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PGP tasks (was Re: proposed build.xml changes to speed up releases=
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 15:00:42 GMT
> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Matt Benson
> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I've done a fair amount of wrapping gpg and
> calling
> > pgp via jni over the years; I'd be willing to help
> > with this too.
>
> Sounds as if we should make the implementation
> pluggable in some way,
> then.  So user can decide whether they want to use
> JNI over some
> native lib or Bouncycastle's jars.

I wasn't really trying to steer towards that; it would
be possible, but I don't know how much it matters to
do this.  Would we auto-detect by default according to
a set preference order, as with regex packages?  I
guess it would be the polite thing to do.  I have
wrapped gpg executables before; later jgpg did the
same thing in a very similar manner.  Maybe PGP corp.
or someone else will implement the interface to their
PGP SDK (in fairness I inherited the JNI stuff that
used the PGP SDK from NAI so I have bad memories).

It's too bad our filterchains use only FilterReaders
so that we are not capable of filtering binary.
Defining Ant's PGP support in terms of filtering would
have been nice.  :(

-Matt