ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven dependence tasks for ant
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:07:16 GMT
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's probably not the only parts of Maven that we will release Ant
> tasks for.

Sounds interesting.  It would be nice if we could work together on
this stuff to ensure we don't break your tasks with Ant 1.7 and that
we don't duplicate (too much) work.

<gump-hat-on>
One way to make sure Maven's tasks and Ant work well together would be
to build them via Gump.
</gump-hat-on>

> As Steve pointed out, we've also been discussing some of this stuff
> at repository@apache.org,

This probably is the best bit of news.  When I read your announcement
I thought "Steve should get involved with that".

> I guess it should motivate me to release Maven 1.1 which finally
> includes Ant 1.6 and set forkmode=once as the default and be done
> with it... :)

So Ant 1.6 won't do, 1.6.2 has to be the minimum requirement.  If you
wait a week, you'll be able to use 1.6.3.

Cheers

        Stefan