ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: regression in handling of <java> failures
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:21:10 GMT
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> It's not so much the location as the stack trace that worries
> me.

That would have been me[1] in response to people who'd like to see a
stack trace if an error occurs inside of their code.

> This is a build file error, not something internal.

So the log statement (logging of the stack trace) probably is in the
wrong place.  Hmm, ExecuteJava around line 188 seems to be the better
choice, since those Throwable should be coming out of user code.

But we probably should catch the ClassNotFoundException earlier since
it could as well be coming from the user code, even if we find the
class containing main().

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Java.java?r1=1.86&r2=1.87