ant-dev mailing list archives

From GBartl...@harland.net
Subject Re: Suggested change to Move.java to check failonerror flag when unable to delete source file as part of move
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:50:17 GMT

Thanks again for your response and patience.

I see what you are saying - and therefore copy
has the same issue.  That is to say if you pass
a list of files to copy and an exception is thrown
copying one of the files - then the task will not
attempt to copy the rest of the files in the list.

failonerror has no impact on this - all it does is
prevent the build from failing.

Perhaps what it needed is an additional attribute
that controls whether or not the Copy/Move tasks
suspend the processing remaining files when an error
occurs.

If this is appropriate - how would one go about
requesting / implementing this additional functionality.

Gary