ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Antlib package names
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:28:55 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
>
> We shouldnt plan the name only for the svn-package.
> That´s a general question for future extensions.
>
> > Von: Peter Reilly [mailto:peterreilly@apache.org]
> > Perhaps it could be just "org.apache.ant.svn" - i.e. drop antlibs.

Actually, Peter might have a point. Why not drop antlibs,
and to indeed differentiate future extensions from Ant core,
then add an explicit org.apache.ant.core package, which opens
up the app-top-level org.apache.ant package for antlibs.

So we'd have:
org.apache.ant.core	- Ant Core - explicit enough
org.apache.ant.svn	- SNV AntLib
org.apache.ant.foo	- FOO AntLib
org.apache.ant.bar	- BAR AntLib
etc...

I think I like this scheme better in fact. Use a more
explicit package for Core, while offering shorter names
for AntLibs. --DD