ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: We have SVN
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:39:03 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> > Can we keep old ant-cvs@apache.org email address for SVN updates?
> > The commit messages just spam dev build list.
>
> Actually I thought we'd be getting the CVS commit mails there
> (dev@ant) as well.
>
> Does the majority of us want the commit mails go to a different list
> than dev@ant?  This is a simple configuration issue at least Conor and
> myself can handle (I think you have to be a PMV chairman to change the
> mailer configuration).

Wiki changes also go to ant-cvs (so there's a precedent for non-CVS
stuff to go there). I would also prefer SVN commit emails to go there,
as I have a rule to handle ant-cvs, but if not I can always add more
rules to process dev@ant with svn commit: prefix in the header.

But I kind of like to have ant-cvs separate, and when we reply to a
message from ant-cvs, the message to go to dev@ant. It separates the
auto-generated messages from the discussions about them (or the changes
they report). ant-cvs messages go to a different email folder than
dev@ant for me. --DD