ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntNewbies" by SteveLoughran
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:49:57 GMT
> + And the element "a" -be it task, datatype, whatever, does not
support
> nested elements of type "b". It is a parse time error, done when
mapping
> XML nodes to the implementation classes.

It used to be a parse time error Steve.

Now that everything's a UE however, you'll only discover the 'syntax'
error at runtime, and only if executing that particular bit of the build
at that.

I guess some might consider this a little regression of sort. I've been
caught by it myself in the past, and just last Friday a colleague
reported an error in a rarely used target from an old build used
everyday by CruiseControl. Such an error couldn't have stayed hidden
with Ant 1.5.x.

I know we've gained much by going the everything-a-UE route, but let's
not forget about this little behavior change, and keep an eye for it.
--DD